Win a share of $200,000 with AR
In addition to the announcement about the availability of the new SDK, to get developers started they have also launched a competition for developers to win some serious cash.
- First Place – US $125,000
- Second Place – US $50,000
- Third Place – US $25,000
In order win, developers just need to build an AR application using their SDK. What you build is entirely up to you. Just upload your application by 7th January 2011 so you are in time for the judging.
- October 4, 2010: Augmented Reality SDK available for download.
- November 15, 2010: Site for submission of entries opens.
- January 7, 2011: Site for submissions closes and judging begins.
- February 7, 2011: Winners selected by judges.
- February 14, 2011: Winners publicly announced.
For more information about the challenge, and to get the SDK visit: developer.qualcomm.com/dev/augmented-reality/developer-challenge
Always enter coding competitions. Most developers assume that there will be thousands of entries and don’t bother entering even though they have great applications. If you are building an AR app it is well worth the time taking a look at the Qualcomm SDK and giving it a go.