Augmented Planet Event – The Agenda
This year’s Augmented Planet event, the event that showcases innovation in augmented reality is shaping up to be the biggest and best ever. With the agenda now published (see below), I have to admit, there are a lot of cool presentations that are making my mouth water.
Augmented Planet takes place over 2 days in London on the 30th and 31st October (2012).
Day 1 is aimed at developers, agencies and anyone who is interested in how to create augmented reality, image recognition and face tracking applications. The afternoon will feature Augmented Planets first HackAR with opportunities to team up with other delegates and create an AR application from scratch. Create something good and your team might just win a prize.
You don’t need to be a developer to take part in the HackAR, all skills will be required. It’s the perfect way to get involved and meet new people.
Day 2 of Augmented Planet is focused on the business of AR. Here you’ll have the opportunity to hear from the leaders in the industry and see AR in action. Everything from mobile, eCommerece, glasses, AR & arts through to AR for the big stage. We have the A-Z of AR covered.
Day 1 – The AR Developer Day
09:30-10:00 Registration & Arrival
10:00-10:15 Welcome & Introduction
10:15-10:45 Developing With Wikitude’s New Image Recognition API
(Andreas Hauser/ Christian Ebner)
10:45-11:15 D’Fusion Mobile SDK (Antoine Brachet)
- The D’Fusion SDK is designed for high quantity deployment of Augmented Reality on smartphones (iPhone and Android Phones) or tablets (iPad) and features image recognition and face tracking capabilities. This session will focus on how you can use the technology to build cutting edge augmented reality applications for customers.
11:15-11:45 Junaio’s new API – HTML5 and 3D Tracking (Stefan Misslinger)
- junaio® – the most advanced mobile AR browser – your source of instant information about places, events, bargains or objects around you. The unmatched ease of use, great choice of content and superior features make junaio your smart companion wherever you are. This session will cover Junaio’s new API – HTML5 and 3D Tracking.
11:45-12:15 ARLabs Vision Technologies (Pablo Garcia-Morato)
- ARLab are one of the world’s leading companies in the field of Augmented Reality and computer vision. After years of research and development, ARLab has become a global reference in the industry and supports clients from two locations: Madrid (Spain) and Haifa (Israel). In this session you’ll learn about powerful vision based image recognition technologies that will enable you to build cutting edge AR applications.
12:15-12:45 To Be Announced (reserved)
- The HackAR is your opportunity to try an AR technology and build an application for yourself. Team up with other developers, designers and enthusiasts to come up with a concept and bring it to life. You don’t need to be a developer, you’ll have the opportunity to form teams so all experience is welcomed. The team with the best application may even win a prize! For this session bring along your laptop and an open mind.
Day 2 – The AR Day
09:00-09:30 Registration & Arrival
09:30-10:00 Awards & HackAR Results
10:00-11:20 AR Demo Showcase: The Best Of AR (Wikitude, ARLab, junaio, Total-Immersion)
- Prepare to be wowed. This session will showcase the best examples of AR from Wikitude, ARLab, Total Immersion and junaio. If you want to see cutting edge AR in action and how AR can be used to create compelling experiences, don’t miss this.
11:30-12:00 Co-evolution of Future AR Mobile Platforms (Will Powell)
- Currently, mobile platform evolution is not driven by user expectations nor by AR core technologies/applications leaving the user isolated from information while creating a poor sense of immersion. This session will focus on how to exploit current and next generation mobile platforms to build applications that appeal to consumers and provide the user with tangible benefits.
12:00-12:30 DIY Project Glass And What We Can Achieve Now And In The future?
- From developer behind the DIY Project Glass inspired works, this session provides an insight for where glass HUD displays could fit in. We will discuss some of the possibilities of project glass technology and what is achievable today with cutting edge AR glasses and HUD.
13:30-14:00 AR Studio – Augmented Reality Witchcraft For The Big Stage (Valeria Kholodkova)
- Although traditional slideshow presentation applications have been popular for years when presenting to large audiences on the big screen, the new Augmented Reality techniques are coming to the fore and now cutting their way to the big stage.
14:00-14:30 AR and eCommerece(Markus Meixner)
- AR is mainly used for advertisement or information transfer, this session will discuss ideas on how AR can be used to complement an eCommerce platform to enable consumers to experience products and purchase goods and services.
14:30-15:00 AR and the AR:Tz(Nick Dunn)
- In 2011 AR:Tz set up an augmented reality 3D sculpture trail around the city of Brighton. The trail consisted of a large number of image markers on the pavement and stickers in various locations around the city for users to interact with their mobile device. This session will take a case study approach to explore real-life outdoor AR implementations and lessons the lessons learned.
15:30-16:45 Panel: Choosing the right AR tool(Wikitude, ARLab, junaio, Total-Immersion)
- This panel session will explore what you should look for when choosing a platform for your AR projects. The panel members will be from the leading AR tools providers in the industry in a one of a kind session. You’ll have the opportunity to pose questions to the panel in what promises to be a lively debate. If you are looking to build AR solutions, you can’t miss this panel session.
16:15-16:45 Zappar(Simon Taylor)
- Zappar make bite-sized entertainment experiences using image recognition technology for products and things people care about – film, TV, music, sports, fashion, games. That might be a T-shirt, greetings card, book, CD, poster, calendar or toy. In this session you’ll learn more about Zappar and what it takes to be successful in the market.
16:45-17:15 To Be Announced (reserved)
17:15-17:30 Wrap Up
You can book your place at Augmented Planet 2012 for just £59.
With so much AR on show, if you’re interested in AR, you can’t afford to miss this event.
Augmented Planet 2012 is proudly sponsored by: