iPhone Applications Report
iPhone Augmented Reality Applications a Growth Area: 483 Applications Exist, June 2010
Augmented Realty is set to be one of the biggest disruptive technologies of 2010/11. Mobile devices, equipped with multiple sensors, fast CPUs, GPUs, and sophisticated software platforms are key to bringing this technology to fruition in both the consumer and enterprise markets.
This report provides a detailed analysis of the entire iPhone augmented reality landscape. All of the data is cross-sectioned and categorized by release date, price and App Store category in which the application was originally published. We present an in-depth analysis into:
- Published application trends
- Popular categories
- Augmented reality capabilities
Some findings of the research include:
- Prior to September 2009, there were only 83 applications listed as ‘augmented reality’ in the Apple App Store.
- In the first month that Apple began accepting applications that allow developers to present data in the camera view, there were 38 augmented reality applications published.
- On average there have been 35 augmented reality applications published every month in the first half of 2010.
- Whilst 43% of all augmented reality applications are free, the under $1.99 price point makes up the majority of all applications; 72%.
Who should read this report:
- Software houses wanting to develop new applications, or extend existing applications into this genre
- Marketing professionals who want to know the current capabilities of this technology, particularly trends in the mobile sector
- Researchers looking at this subject area
- Anyone interested in augmented reality
The June 2010 report is now free.
Get the June 2010 report here